This page offers an overview of the current updates for WUFI and the accompanying databases and tools.
You can display the internal version number of your WUFI 2D by choosing the menu item “Help → About“.
The current version of WUFI® 2D is 22.214.171.124 (as of 18 Juni 2018).
26.03.2018: WUFI® 2D 126.96.36.199
- Error while reading source file corrected
- Program version now is included in wufi2d.xml
- 2D logo in the ‘About’ dialog has been updated
- Problems with loading the WUFI JRE installation have been corrected
- The following languages have been added: Chinese, Italian, Korean, Swedish
- Acceleration of printing
- Issues opening some result files have been fixed
- Available user defined modules for wfd result files are now shown correctly
- Languages added: Korean, French, Japanese
- Improvement of window opening position
- Minor bugfixes and corrections
18.12.2017: WUFI® 2D 188.8.131.52
- Improved graphical component definition and zooming with the mouse wheel
- New, more intuitive dialog for specifying climate conditions
- Simplified handling of sources and sinks (these can now be drawn into the computational grid using the mouse)
- New grid generator distributes the computational grid more efficiently and numerically more favorably over the component.
- Multilingual menu interface, 7 languages available: English, German, Polish, French, Czech, Japanese, Korean.
- The help system has been revised and updated
- A units error in the DXF import has been fixed
- Completely redesigned calculation engine provides more stable and faster calculations
- Further acceleration of the calculation through automatic use of all available processor cores (OpenMP parallelization)
- New file format (HDF5) significantly reduces the result file size.
- Moisture storage functions defined by a polyline can lead to numerical problems. These can be eliminated in part by the new rational interpolation of the curves
- XDMF definition file for the freely available scientific evaluation programs “VisIt” and “Paraview”
- Direct interface to the result visualization post processor “VisIt” https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit
- Supports the assessment of the wood decay risk according to the new WTA guideline 6-8 (www.wta-international.org)
- Allows moving diagrams and curves in the project tree via drag and drop.
- Also opens WUFI® Pro (1D) result files and allows direct comparison of the result curves
- The errors which could occur when very large files were openen, reopenen or saved has been corrected.
- The WUFI® Graph online help has been completed, it is accessible with F1 or as PDF here: C:\Program Files (x86)\WUFI\Tools\WUFIGraph\help\
- Two generic soils have been added to the “Generic Materials”. Nine soils for purely thermal calculations have been added to “Materials for thermal calculations”. Twelve soils derived from a soil material database have been added to the “North America Database”.
- Absorption and emission coefficients for “Gravel roof, generic model”, “Green roof, generic model” and “Green roof, Optigreen system” have been added to the coefficients’ drop-down list.
- #978: Some of the hourly indoor climate models in WUFI Pro and WUFI 2D are to be derived from the hourly outdoor climate selected by the user. However, when a multi-year outdoor climate was used, the climate reader procedure used by both WUFI Pro and WUFI 2D derived the indoor climate only from the first year of the outdoor climate file and used these first-year indoor data for the remaining years as well. This has been fixed.
- Following changes in US standard ASHRAE 160 on which WUFI’s “ASHRAE 160” indoor climate model is based, the following changes have been made in the model in order to remain compatible with the standard in its current version:
The following limiting rule has been added to section 4.3 of the standard: “Indoor design humidity shall not exceed 70% RH.”
Table 4.3.2 has been modified in the following way:
Table 4.3.2 Residential Design Moisture Generation Rates Number of Bedrooms Number of Occupants Moisture Generation Rate 1 bedroom 2 87 L/day 0.90.8 x 10-4 kg/s 0.70.64 lb/h 2 bedrooms 3 129 L/day 1.41.0 x 10-4 kg/s 1.10.83 lb/h 3 bedrooms 4 1410 L/day 1.61.2 x 10-4 kg/s 1.30.92 lb/h 4 bedrooms 5 1511 L/day 1.71.3 x 10-4 kg/s 1.41.0 lb/h Additional bedrooms +1 per bedroom +1 L/day +0.1 x 10-4 kg/s +0.1 lb/h
- #941: Because of a (recently introduced) mix-up in the parameters being passed on, inconsistent calculation schemes were used when the simplified radiation cooling or the explicit radiation balance were selected. In both cases, the “simplified radiation cooling” scheme was used for deriving the radiation data from the weather data, and the numerics always used the full “explicit radiation balance” scheme. This bug has been fixed. (The standard calculation mode where the simplified radiation cooling and the explicit radiation balance are switched off was not affected.)
- The new installation package contains the updated database.
Construction assemblies can now be imported in DXF format.
The user interface has been polished in a few places.
- A vacuum insulation panel “VIP generic” has been added to the material database.
- The material data for “Bayosan LeichttonMörtel LTM 81®“ have been corrected (the bulk density has been set to 988 kg/m³, the water absorption coefficient has been set to 0.027 kg/m2s0.5 = 1.6 kg/m2h0.5).
- Weather files for Hradec Králové and Milan have been added
- 50 new product materials have been added to the material database:
- Weather files for Bordeaux, Brest, Nancy, Marseille and Trappes have been added.
- The weather file for Kassel has been removed because it appeared doubtful whether the data were up to today’s standard. (The test reference years for Kassel are still available.)