The new version 4.0 of our hygrothermal simulation software WUFI® 2D can now be obtained at the online shop. Version 4.0 shows many new features and improvements:
WUFI® User Interface
- Improved graphical component definition and zooming with the mouse wheel
- New, more intuitive dialog for specifying climate conditions
- Simplified handling of sources and sinks (these can now be drawn into the computational grid using the mouse)
- New grid generator distributes the computational grid more efficiently and numerically more favorably over the component.
- Multilingual menu interface, 7 languages available: English, German, Polish, French, Czech, Japanese, Korean.
- The help system has been revised and updated
- A units error in the DXF import has been fixed
WUFI® Calculational Core
- Completely redesigned calculation engine provides more stable and faster calculations
- Further acceleration of the calculation through automatic use of all available processor cores (OpenMP parallelization)
- New file format (HDF5) significantly reduces the result file size.
- Moisture storage functions defined by a polyline can lead to numerical problems. These can be eliminated in part by the new rational interpolation of the curves
- XDMF definition file for the freely available scientific evaluation programs “VisIt” and “Paraview”
- Direct interface to the result visualization post processor “VisIt” https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit
WUFI® Material Database and Climatic User Interface
The material database and climatic user interface now match those of WUFI® Pro 6 – so the following functions are now also available in WUFI® 2D:
- A new material database interface with a clearly laid out tree structure, convenient search function and new options for managing user-defined data
- Material database expanded to include a range of new materials
- A new climate menu that allows you to pick a location from the globe, performs detailed analysis of the selected climate data file and diagrams all the climate elements contained within it
- User-defined climate database with the option to display your own locations on the map
- Many additional climate files worldwide
- Supports the assessment of the wood decay risk according to the new WTA guideline 6-8 (www.wta-international.org)
- Allows moving diagrams and curves in the project tree via drag and drop.
- Also opens WUFI Pro (1D) result files and allows direct comparison of the result curves
- The errors which could occur when very large files were openen, reopenen or saved has been corrected.
- Faster display of the curves due to improved data handling
- The WUFI® Graph online help has been completed, it is accessible with F1 or as PDF here: C:\Program Files (x86)\WUFI\Tools\WUFIGraph\help\
The new version 4.0 comes with WUFI® Graph 2.18.10 and database 26.0.63.
WUFI® 2D 4.0 is available in our online shop, where you can choose between time-limited licenses of either one or ten years in duration. Users of older WUFI® 2D versions can upgrade to WUFI® 2D 4.0 The upgrade conditions can be found here.
The upgrade must be purchased via the online shop account which contains your existing WUFI® 2D license.