This page offers an overview of the current updates for WUFI® Pro and the accompanying databases and tools.
You can display the internal version number of your WUFI® Pro by choosing the menu item “? → About WUFI“.
The current version of WUFI® Pro is 6.2.1. (as of April 06, 2018).
April 06, 2018
- Supports FullHD displays.
- Issues with opening and displaying the climate dialogue have been resolved.
- Corrections to the material and the construction database has been made.
- Long waiting times when printing have been fixed.
- Issues opening some result files have been fixed.
- Minor bugfixes and corrections have been made.
- Languages added: Korean, French, Japanese.
March 31, 2017
- The Adaptive Time Step Control has been re-introduced in an improved version.
- The radiation rose in the climate analyser dialog now has a legend explaining the colours used in the diagram.
- Inconsistencies have been eliminated which were created by switching between SI and IP units.
- Inconsistencies have been eliminated which arose when a project file was opened in a different language.
- A bug in the temperature transfer curves of the options “Low Moisture Load” and “Medium Moisture Load + 5%” for the indoor climate model “EN 15026 / WTA 6-2” resulted in too high indoor air temperatures. This has been corrected.
- In the calculation mode “explicit radiation balance” the radiative heat exchange is directly calculated. Therefore the radiative part of the heat transfer coefficient has to be subtracted. If a wind-dependent heat transfer coefficient was used, the radiative part of the constant heat transfer coefficient was erroneously subtracted instead, leading to inconsistencies in the heat transfer in some cases. This has been corrected.
- The enhanced search function of the database now allows for searching the material names in any parts or sequence – optionally also within the material information.
- 12 new wooden materials (from the AIF project) have been added to the material database.
- 18 new company products have been added to the material database. Find it here under “Material characteristics: Companies’ products”.
- The North American material database and the example cases have been revised and supplemented. 17 new materials and 23 example construction have been added.
- New Hygrothermal Reference Years (HRY) for Germany are now available which represent the German climate by 11 representative climate locations
- Braunlage, Chemnitz, Fichtelberg, Fürstenzell, Hamburg, Kassel, Lindenberg, Mannheim, Potsdam, Stötten, Warnemünde
- In addition to the normal HRY also a cold HRY and an eight-year Design Climate Sequence have been added for each of these climate regions.
- 5 new climate data for Italy have been added:
- Agrigento, Bari, Catania, Cosenza, Oristano
- For climate files listed in WUFI®‘s user folder, geographical data added by the user were not forwarded to the program if the “Show on map” option was not checked. This has been corrected.
- If WUFI® was in IP mode by default, climate selection could fail. This has been corrected.
May 19, 2016
- A new materials database interface with a clearly laid out tree structure, convenient search function and new options for managing user-defined data.
- A new climate menu that allows you to pick a location from the globe, performs further analysis on the related climate data file and displays the progression of all the climate elements contained within it.
- A user-defined climate database with the option to display your own locations on the map.
- A simplified and more intuitive user experience.
- A new, faster and more stable calculation engine.
- An interior climate model updated in line with Germany’s revised WTA 6-2 specification. Further updates allowing for free configuration of interior climate models to follow soon via a free update.
- A materials database expanded to include a range of new materials characteristics.
- Additional climate files for 20 locations in South Korea.
- A WUFI® graph tool for evaluating results. For the first time, it is possible to directly compare different scenarios in a single view, compare WUFI® Pro (1D) and 2D simulation results and even evaluate conditions for multiple grid elements – including relative humidity. As a result, it is possible to evaluate wood components in accordance with Germany’s new WTA 6-8 specification governing the humidity assessment of such components – including the requirements set out in the specification for dynamically evaluating the ongoing risk of wood rot.
January 28, 2015
- #899: The dialog for selecting a source strength file for a heat, moisture or air change source could not be closed after selection of a file. This problem (inadvertently introduced with version 5.3.3) has been fixed.
- #1005: Since version 5.2, the online help files are always installed in all existing languages (German, English, Japanese) to allow switching of the help file language when the WUFI language is switched (and if the corresponding help file language exists). Now switching the help file language actually works. A problem affecting the language control of the database when installing a Japanese-language WUFI version has been fixed.
- Two generic soils have been added to the “Generic Materials”. Nine soils for purely thermal calculations have been added to “Materials for thermal calculations”. Twelve soils derived from a soil material database have been added to the “North America Database”.
- Absorption and emission coefficients for “Gravel roof, generic model”, “Green roof, generic model” and “Green roof, Optigreen system” have been added to the coefficients’ drop-down list.
December 2, 2014
- #978: Some of the hourly indoor climate models in WUFI Pro and WUFI 2D are to be derived from the hourly outdoor climate selected by the user. However, when a multi-year outdoor climate was used, the climate reader procedure used by both WUFI Pro and WUFI 2D derived the indoor climate only from the first year of the outdoor climate file and used these first-year indoor data for the remaining years as well. This has been fixed.
- #979, #829: Trying to open the “assembly” node of the project explorer could result in a program crash. This has been fixed.
- #994: The μ-value 1500000 of the “vapour barrier (sd=1500m)” corresponds to the permeability 8.6e-5 perm inch in IP units and is correctly converted when units are switched. However, when a WUFI in IP mode read the vapour barrier data from the material database, the permeability was rounded to zero because an insufficient number of decimal places was allowed. Now, reading from the database is done with a more flexible number of decimal places.
May 16, 2014
- #824, #883: The drop-down list in the language selection dialog now has a little icon added to each language entry, showing the flag of the respective country. Users who inadvertently switched to an unfamiliar language thus can identify their own language without needing to know what their language is called in the currently active language.
- #828: When the ASCII output function was directed to write a profile to an existing file and the “Overwrite?” question was answered “No”, WUFI produced an I/O error. This has been fixed.
- The German version of the Thermal Transmission postprocessor now has a German online help.
- The new WUFI-Bio version has version number 3.2. WUFI-Bio now can be switched between German, English and Japanese. The language selection is now automatically adopted from WUFI-Pro. Manual selection is possible, too, using a separate language selection tool. The entire data set can now be saved as a project file. The user can now choose the colors of the curves.
- A vacuum insulation panel “VIP generic” has been added to the material database.
The material data for “Bayosan LeichttonMörtel LTM 81®“ have been corrected (the bulk density has been set to 988 kg/m³, the water absorption coefficient has been set to 0.027 kg/m2s0.5 = 1.6 kg/m2h0.5).
- 50 new product materials have been added to the material database:
- Weather files for Hradec Králové and Milan have been added.
- Weather files for Bordeaux, Brest, Nancy, Marseille and Trappes have been added.
- The weather file for Kassel has been removed because it appeared doubtful whether the data were up to today’s standard. (The test reference years for Kassel are still available.)
December 20, 2013
- #813, #587: Switching between languages was previously done with the separate tool “WUFI5_Lan.exe” in the “Tools” folder which, however, required administrator privileges. Now non-administrators, too, can switch languages with the menu item “Language” in the menu “Options”. Switching the language requires a re-start of WUFI.
- #453: WUFI interpolates logarithmically between the table entries for a moisture-dependent µ-value. However, in the accompanying diagram the table entries were shown connnected by straight lines, which would be correct for linear interpolation only. In order to make the diagram conform to the interpolation method actually used by WUFI, its y-axis is now subdivided logarithmically, so that the straight lines in the diagram correspond to exponential curves. Unfortunately, as implemented in the current version this results in somewhat non-intuitive logarithmic axis labels which will, however, be revised in future versions.